We ran our first Discovery Jam
We dug into real world problems. Small teams quickly collected their findings in the Jams below. And what they discovered was shared with the hackathon teams the following weekend.
- A structured news challenge
- Lack of provenance in user-generated journalism
- AI can reduce the marginal cost per article
- User needs in Media
- Building credibility mechanisms
- Misinformation on TikTok
- UK local media needs a sustainable business model
- Risks and benefits associated with merchandise as a revenue-generating strategy
Did it work?
The Jam had the effect we wanted.
At the hackathon the following weekend teams built solutions that solved real problems identified at the Jam.
One team hacked together an AI-driven merchandise generator for local media. Two others dealt with the credibility of information.
We'll run another Jam before the end of 2023.
Follow us on Eventbrite or drop your email in the subscribe box below so that you don't miss it.